Tax Site Coordinator (Seasonal)
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is seeking a seasoned tax professional to serve as a Tax Site Coordinator. The Tax Site Coordinator will work directly with low- and moderate-income community members in need of tax filing assistance.
Organization History & Mission
The MinKwon Center for Community Action was established in 1984 to meet the needs and concerns of the Korean American community. Since our founding, we have made a profound presence through various grassroots organizing, education, and advocacy initiatives that address important community issues, including immigration policies at the national, state and city levels, voter rights, and cultural awareness. The MinKwon Center places a special emphasis on meeting the needs of our marginalized community members, including youth, elderly, recent immigrants, low-income residents, and limited-English-proficient residents.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and organize tax preparation clinics in full compliance with IRS VITA site requirements and standards of conduct.
- Supervise and train volunteers on the VITA tax preparation process.
- Conduct accurate quality reviews of tax returns; confirm returns are prepared within the scope of the VITA program and the preparer’s certification.
- Ensure intakes are prepared accurately and completely.
- Prepare tax returns as necessary.
- Provide on-site tax expertise; answer client and tax preparers’ questions, and provide assistance as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with the Social Services Director on volunteer performance, client issues, and other site performance-related issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Maintain organized record of all completed tax returns and appointments.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- English and Korean proficiency are highly preferred.
- At least 2-3 years previous experience in income tax preparation (VITA program experience highly preferred).
- Must complete and pass all IRS required trainings, including the Site Coordinator training and Advanced Level tax certification.
- Familiarity with TaxSlayer software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management skills, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with volunteer management and client relations highly preferred.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Must be fully vaccinated
This position will begin in mid-January and end in late April. Hourly salary is $21 to $25 based on the candidate’s experience.
The MinKwon Center will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, the MinKwon Center will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Note: Please write ‘Tax Site Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.
Back to Jobs Page