TAX ASSOCIATE (Seasonal)
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is seeking a dedicated individual to serve as a Full Time Tax Associate. This position will work directly with low- and moderate-income community members to file tax returns.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct initial phone screenings and provide document lists to the clients.
- Schedule client’s appointment to file tax returns.
- Ensure intakes are prepared accurately and completely; verify client documents and tax information.
- Prepare accurate tax returns at the basic certification level. Advance certification is Preferred.
- Provide on-site tax expertise and provide assistance as necessary.
- Ensure all documents are returned and a copy of the completed return provided to the client.
- Provide operational support to the Tax Site Coordinator.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and uphold IRS standards of conduct.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- English and Korean proficiency is required.
- VITA program experience highly preferred
- Must successfully complete IRS Link & Learn certification at the Basic Level. Advance certification preferred.
- Familiarity with TaxSlayer software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management skills, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with customer service highly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Must be fully vaccinated
This position will begin in mid-January and end in late April.
The MinKwon Center will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, the MinKwon Center will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Note: Please write ‘Full Time Tax Associate’ in the subject line of the email.
Back to Jobs Page