We are seeking a dedicated and talented individual to serve as a Program Associate. The Program Associate will have the opportunity to support, develop, coordinate and strengthen various programs and campaigns within the organization.
Title: Program Associate
Program Area: Advocacy and Organizing; Social Services; Civic Participation; YEP
Supervisor: Korean American Community Development Director
Location: Palisades Park, NJ (hybrid)
Salary: Starting at $45,000 per year; DOE
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, Paid Time Off, Comp Time, Transit Benefits
Employment Type: Full-Time Union Position with TWU Local 241
ORGANIZATION HISTORY AND MISSION
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is a dynamic, mission-driven, and people-powered nonprofit organization that serves, educates, and organizes the Korean American, Asian Pacific American (APA), and immigrant communities in New York and around the country. The MinKwon Center offers free assistance for immigration and public benefits, provides free legal representation for immigration and housing, promotes civic participation with voter and census registration and outreach, and organizes campaigns with other local, state, and federal coalitions. By prioritizing the needs and voices of low-income, undocumented, youth, senior, and limited English proficient residents, we are building a multilingual, multi-generational base of engaged community members to achieve social and economic justice for all.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Work closely with the Program Manager and Korean American Community Development Director to develop and strengthen programs, projects, and community engagement.
• Participate in advocacy efforts such as meetings with government officials and community partners.
• Work with the MinKwon Center’s program staff in legal and social services, advocacy and organizing, civic participation, and youth empowerment to support, develop, and coordinate various projects and campaigns as appropriate.
• Plan and execute educational and outreach community events, workshops, and forums at both the NJ office and external locations such as local businesses and other community sites.
• Develop external communications materials, such as factsheets, pamphlets, and guides.
• Coordinate social media postings with the communications staff.
• Represent MinKwon Center in meetings with external partners, funders, and others.
• Research community needs and resources.
• Support the integration of programmatic activities throughout the organization.
• Administrative tasks as required.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include the following:
• Proficiency in Korean is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to be highly organized, to meet deadlines, and take initiative on projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well both independently and in teams.
• Interest, experience, and commitment towards working on social justice issues in the context of the immigrant, Asian American, and Korean American communities.
• Proficiency in using Google and Microsoft Office Suite, such as Drive and Excel.
• Proficiency in social media platform tools and Canva.
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evening/weekend events.
• Associate's degree or equivalent work experience required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please write 'Program Associate’ in the email subject line, and please specify in your email how you found out about this position. (website, LinkedIn, Indeed, Facebook, etc.) Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled and this posting is removed. Due to the high volume of applications, the MinKwon Center will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The MinKwon Center for Community Action welcomes people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences to consider working with us. We encourage Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, immigrants, women and gender nonbinary people, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities to apply.
The MinKwon Center for Community Action does not discriminate against current or prospective employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, family or dependent status, criminal record, disability, mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, credit score and history, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Back to Jobs Page