Immigration Services Intern (Now Year-Round!)
This position has been filled for Summer 2019, but we are always accepting applications for Fall 2019 and beyond! Thank you!
MinKwon Center is a not-for-profit organization that works with the Korean American community in Flushing, NY. The Immigration Legal Services Intern works with the Immigration Legal Services team by assisting clients with immigration related questions, during client meetings, and mass clinics. This is a perfect opportunity for undergrad and graduate students looking to make a difference for low-income immigrant communities. You do not need law school education or past legal/paralegal experience for this internship.
ESSENTIAL INTERNSHIP FUNCTIONS
• Support clients to file immigration application and answer their immigration related questions
• Collaborate with other departments to expand naturalization program
• Organize immigration legal workshops
• Coordinate volunteers for clinics
• Log client information onto internal database
Fall, Winter, Spring: 16-24 hours per week during regular business hours for more than six months
Summer Internship: 24-40 hours per week for more than three months
• Fluent in speaking Korean and English
• Punctual on hard deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Drive word precessors
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Immigration Services Intern” in the subject headline. If you applied to other positions at MinKwon Center, please indicate this in the email.
Back to Jobs Page