Community Health Navigator
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is seeking a dedicated and talented individual to serve as a Community Health Navigator. The Community Health Navigator will have the opportunity to work directly with low- and middle-income clients in need of health enrollment services on the NY State of Health Marketplace, as well as with other staff on the implementation of various Social Services programs.
"Live Righteously, Know Your Roots, Live in Harmony"
~Yoon Han Bong, founder of the MinKwon Center
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is a dynamic, people-powered organization that serves, educates, and organizes the Korean American and Asian Pacific American (APA) communities in New York. The MinKwon Center offers free assistance for immigration and public benefits, provides free legal representation for immigration and housing, promotes civic participation with voter and census registration and outreach, and organizes campaigns with other local, state, and federal coalitions. By prioritizing the needs and voices of low-income, undocumented, youth, senior, and limited-English-proficient residents, we are building a multilingual, multi-generational base of engaged community members to achieve social and economic justice for all.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct screenings, intakes, and case assessments, and provide ongoing case support to clients
• Coordinate regular health enrollment clinics.
• Provide in-person health insurance application and enrollment services through the NY State of Health, New York Health Plan Marketplace.
• Manage routine client communications, including assisting with complaints or questions regarding health coverage or an eligibility determination related to health coverage.
• Educate clients and the community about NY State of Health and the types of health insurance programs and plans offered through NY State of Health.
• Maintain documentation and records as required by program guidelines.
• Conduct outreach and build relationships with local community partners for enrollment and referral purposes.
• Attend regular trainings and calls with IPA/Navigator community partners.
• General administrative and clerical responsibilities.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
• English and Korean proficiency is required.
• Interest and/or experience in working on social justice issues in the context of the immigrant, Asian American or Korean American community.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ability to work well both independently and in teams.
• Flexibility in working weekends.
The MinKwon Center will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, the MinKwon Center will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Yoon Ji Kim
Social Services Director
Note: Please write ‘Community Health Navigator’ in the subject line of the email.
Back to Jobs Page