Chinese Community Outreach Coordinator
The MinKwon Center for Community Action is seeking a dedicated and talented individual to serve as a Chinese Community Outreach Coordinator. The Chinese Community Outreach Coordinator will work directly with low- and middle-income clients from the Chinese American community in need of public benefits, tax filing assistance, and immigration services, as well as with other staff on the implementation of various Social Services programs.
Organization History & Mission
The MinKwon Center for Community Action was established in 1984 to meet the needs and concerns of the Korean American community. Since our founding, we have made a profound presence through various grassroots organizing, education, and advocacy initiatives that address important community issues, including immigration policies at the national, state and city levels, voter rights, and cultural awareness. The MinKwon Center places a special emphasis on meeting the needs of our marginalized community members, including youth, elderly, recent immigrants, low-income residents, and limited-English-proficient residents.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct client screenings, intakes, and case assessments.
- Manage routine client communications and client database.
- Complete public benefit applications, immigration applications, and tax returns.
- Prepare and conduct educational community workshops and outreach on public benefits, taxes, and other important legal and social issues.
- Create and translate “know-your-rights” fact sheets and other educational materials.
- Coordinate media activities to raise awareness of organizational programs and events through the ethnic Chinese-language press.
- Provide in-language capacity and assistance to other staff as needed.
- Participate in organization-wide events as appropriate.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Fluency in English and Chinese Mandarin is required; additional proficiency in other Chinese dialects is a plus (particularly Cantonese, Wenzhou, and Fuzhou dialects.)
- Interest and experience in working with the Asian American community and social justice issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong commitment to public service; non-profit experience preferred.
The MinKwon Center will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, the MinKwon Center will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Yoon Ji Kim
Social Services Director
Note: Please write ‘Chinese Community Outreach Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email
Back to Jobs Page