Administrative & Operations Associate
We are seeking a dedicated and talented individual to serve as an Administrative & Operations Associate. The Administrative & Operations Associate will work closely with other staff to implement MinKwon Center’s administrative, finance, fundraising, operations, and other critical areas of infrastructure to ensure a solid foundation for the organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the full cycle staff recruitment, onboarding, and exit processes.
• Update and maintain personnel files and records.
• Manage volunteer and intern recruitment, outreach, and onboarding processes.
• Address everyday operational inquiries and assist staff in resolving operational issues.
• Administer staff benefit programs, including processing enrollments, changes, and terminations.
• Sustain all operational systems, processes and procedures, and communicate any changes.
• Manage and maintain the office, including supplies and equipment orders.
• Coordinate logistics of staff and organizational meetings and events, and office calendaring.
• Monitor phone system and answer calls; monitor organizational emails and respond to online inquiries.
• Follow and maintain covid-related best practices in accordance with CDC and NYS/NYC guidelines.
• Prepare accounts payable, checks, and bank deposits.
• Work with MinKwon’s accountants to reconcile bank statements, prepare financial statements, and to prepare for the yearly audit.
• Support the development team in procuring necessary information for grant contracts and assist in the processing of invoices.
• Provide logistical support for the annual gala and other fundraising/special events.
• Assist with other special projects as needed.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include the following:
• Exceptional ability to stay organized with a keen attention to detail and manage time effectively.
• Experience in prioritizing projects and day-to-day work, often under a deadline.
• Maintain high standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
• An ability to communicate reliably, clearly, and in a congenial manner with many different stake-holders.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant/equivalent work experience required.
• Ability to work well independently, in teams, and in collaboration with outside organizations.
• Proficiency in Korean language is highly preferred.
• The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred qualifications:
• Previous HR or administrative experience.
• Knowledge, interest, and commitment towards concepts and issues of social, political, and economic justice and positive social change in the U.S., especially in the context of Korean American, APA, and/or immigrant communities.
• Proficiency in use of major software programs for supporting office operations, including but not limited to, spreadsheets, presentations, accounting, mailings, email, web and internet, and word processing.
Job Type: Full-time, Union Position with TWU Local 241
Pay: $42,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off, Comp Time, Transit Benefits, Invitations to Trainings, Conferences, and Other Career-Building Opportunities, Occasional Staff Meals and After-Work Activities, Occasional Work Travel
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 10AM-6PM
COVID-19 considerations: Due to COVID-19, this position will be mostly remote with some essential in-office work until further notice.
Work Location: Flushing, Queens (Hybrid Work Model)
• Political organizing: 1 year (Preferred)
• Chinese (Preferred)
• Korean (Preferred)
DEADLINE & APPLICATION MATERIALS
• DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
• APPLICATION: Please send your resume and your written application question (below) to email@example.com with "Administrative & Operations Associate" in the subject line. Please indicate in the email if you have applied, worked, or volunteered for any other position at the MinKwon Center.
Back to Jobs Page